By using common home items, it is straightforward and fun to make distinctive and high quality bird feeders right at home. Rather than buying one from the shop, you are able to simply save cash and invest some free time on this project.
In the event you really like the idea of beautiful birds fluttering near the quality bird feeders you made, then this project is right for you.
Creating Unique and High Quality Bird Feeders
Even though a good quality bird feeder can be an excellent addition to your garden or backyard, you need to be quite cautious as to how you design it.
As birds are attracted towards the feeder, squirrels can uncover a method to fill their stomachs too, and that can be a menacing concern. Not only that, as they blissfully feed themselves, the seeds can quickly spill on the ground or lawn and make a mess for you to clean.
And honestly, that is not why you wanted a bird feeder inside the first place. Which is why, we have come up with some distinctive designs and concepts for squirrel proof bird feeders. Take a look.
1. Homemade Good Quality Bird Feeders
Birds do not truly have a preference as to what the feeder looks like or which materials you used to build it. So there is no require for you to buy new items from the stores to make the quality bird feeders. You are able to easily uncover and utilize things around the house to make unique bird feeder plans. And here are some of our concepts.
2. Plastic Bottle Feeder
You require a clean plastic bottle (water bottle or milk carton), paint, acrylic sealer, scissors, paint brush, sandpaper, hook, string, and bird seeds. Once you collect these items, we can begin.
- Cut a hole on one side of the plastic bottle.
- Keep it large enough to ensure that modest birds can fit in them and eat properly.
- Sand all of the sides so you can find no sharp edges that will hurt the birds.
- Use your option of paint color and paint the bottle properly.
- Spray the acrylic sealer and leave it to dry entirely.
- Punch a hole and thread the string through.
- Add bird seeds inside the bottle and hang the feeder onto a branch.
- You’ll be able to even glue a short bark to the bottle to ensure that the birds can rest on it while feeding.
3. Mesh Bag Feeder
Here’s another distinctive quality bird feeders that youngsters can make. To create this feeder, get three to four little mesh bags, scissors, bird seeds, string, and hook.
- In individual mesh bags, place bird seeds in and secure them tightly.
- Cut a long string and tie the bags at even distance. Let the mesh bags hang loose.
- Find a good location on the tree and hang the bird feeder on the branch.
- You’ll be able to hang 2 to three of these bird feeders within the garden or backyard and see flocks of birds feeding from them.
4. Bagel Bird Feeder
As the name suggests, you will need a bagel, peanut butter or honey, bird seeds, scissors, two hooks, and string to make this feeder.
- Cut the string in half and tie on the two slices of bagel.
- Locate them onto individual hooks.
- Place bird seeds onto a plate and coat each slices of bagel with peanut butter or honey.
- Roll the bagel in bird seeds so that the bagel slices are totally covered.
- Hang both slices onto a branch and see birds flying proper at your bird feeder.
5. Egg Carton Quality Bird Feeders
For our final distinctive bird feeder plan, we want an empty egg carton, string, scissors, bird seeds, paint, and paint brush.
- Open the egg carton and cut the best of the carton.
- You can either use one or both the sides of the carton to create the bird feeder.
- Paint the carton along with your preferred color and leave it to dry completely.
- Then punch holes with the scissors on all four sides of the carton and thread the string.
- You are able to either use hooks or tie the strings onto the branch of a tree.
- Fill the empty space inside the carton with bird seeds and hang the feeder.
Let’s say you created these distinctive good quality bird feeders but still can’t keep the squirrels away. What you can do is hang the feeders from a pole and grease it with WD-40. The squirrels will not have the ability to climb till the feeders as well as the birds can happily enjoy their feast.
And if you are feeling bad that the squirrels are not obtaining food for themselves, then you can leave some out for them. But do not complain if there are a lot more squirrels than you are able to handle next time.